Saturday, April 2, 2011

Schools in Arizona?



I realize that this doesn't necessarily apply to Arizona and Mesa Public Schools however; it makes me wonder though if something similar is going on when teachers unions and other scream so loudly when schools funding is decreased.

Funding for education in Arizona they largest item in the state budget. People have to remember that about 2/3 of Arizona budget is off limits to the state legislature, thanks in part citizen initiatives and federally mandated cost.  I don't think those speaking out against education cuts really understand the dynamics of the budget process.

Secretary of the state Ken Bennett has a great budget presentation which brings to light the dynamics. I would recommend that anybody who has a chance to see it when he presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the blog author I reserve the right to edit, delete or not post at all any comments made on this blog.