Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mayor Smith & $20 Million

Just so people don't think I tied completely up in the Citizen Who Oppose The Pearce Recall, here is my though on the $20,000,000 fund just established to support development along the light rail line.

I ran into Mayor Smith the other morning at KJZZ radio and heard that he and other mayors made announcement of this fund and my curiosity got peeked. 

The fund is called "The Sustainable Community Development Fund" and it is my understanding that it is being funded with private money.  The funds purposes is to promote development along the light rail corridor.

As Mayor Smith said, he expect the fund to show that development along the can "create a sense of place".

I believe that is what is needed a sense of place and this is step in the right direction. If you are going to have the kind of growth that is expected you need to get those one, two or three projects off the ground and as they are successful others will come.

Like the Mayor I want to see project that are more than just the ordinary, projects that are bold and push the limits.

Mayor Smith you are doing a great job keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As the blog author I reserve the right to edit, delete or not post at all any comments made on this blog.